MONDAY, DECEMBER 6 AT 3:00PM PACIFIC. The New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) of Japan and The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) are hosting this two-part online event covering how Pacific West states and provinces are approaching hydrogen in their clean energy policies and how the Japanese industry is partnering with the local sector on building the transportation and power infrastructure for a hydrogen economy.
3:00 pm:Session 2 - Opening Remarks and Greetings Introduction of the Alliance’s activities and how it supports the clean tech sector in the U.S. and Canada, especially for the hydrogen ecosystem.
Mel Clark | President and CEO, CleanTech Alliance
3:10 pm: Panel Discussion B | Expanding FCVs and Fuel Cells
Fuel cell vehicle and fuel cell supply-side and user-side entities will discuss their experiences with hydrogen-powered vehicles, including about the advantages and the essentials for developing a fleet in a commercially viable way. The panel will include a 30-minute discussion and audience Q&A time.
- Kohei Masaki | Hydrogen Strategy Consultant, Electrified Vehicle Technology Office, Toyota Motor North America
- Philippe Gerretsen | Senior Manager, Energy Project Development, Nikola
- Matthew Arms | Director of Environmental Planning, Port of Long Beach
- Dr. Joseph Williams | Seattle Director for the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
4:10 pm: Panel Discussion C | Expanding Hydrogen Fueling Stations
Panelists will share information about efforts by businesses, industry groups, and governments in the Pacific West and in Japan to lower capital construction and operation costs of hydrogen fueling stations. This panel will clarify some of the problems and practical solutions for supporting the expansion of these facilities, will include a 30-minute discussion and audience Q&A time.
- Joseph S. Cappello | CEO, Iwatani Corporation of America
- Dr. Shane Stephens | Founder & CDO, FirstElement Fuel
- Michael Hursh | General Manager, Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
- Colin Armstrong | President and CEO, HTEC
Bill Elrick | Executive Director, California Fuel Cell Partnership
5:10 pm: Panel Discussion D | Enhancing Grid Reliability with Hydrogen
The final panel will address the challenges of and prospects for deploying fuel cells and hydrogen power generation to enhance electrical grid reliability. Panelists will also discuss domestic, regional, and international supply chain issues; a 20-minute discussion and audience Q&A time will be included.
- Dexter Gauntlett | Head of Smart City Utility Advisory, Panasonic North America
- Peter Sawicki | Regional Director, Sales and Marketing, Mitsubishi Power Americas
- Martin Adams | General Manager and Chief Engineer, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Janice Lin | Founder & President, Green Hydrogen Coalition
5:48 pm: Session 2 - Closing Remarks