Close Date: 03/31/2017
Company: Sandia National Laboratories - Livermore, CA
The Post-Doctoral Appointee Program is designed to recruit outstanding Ph.D. applicants to assist a line organization in meeting its mission objectives and to provide a professional technical work environment for the employee. The Ph.D. must have been conferred within one to five years prior to employment. These assignments are for a one-year period, with the option at management’s discretion to serve no more than five additional one-year assignments.
The Energy Innovation Department at Sandia/CA has an opening for a Postdoctoral Appointee with interest in solving the technical, regulatory, and economic issues of widespread hydrogen fueling infrastructure for fuel cell electric vehicles. The Appointee will use innovative thinking to produce high level engineering designs of hydrogen fueling stations in novel configurations which allow them to be sited with small footprints. Economic analysis will be performed on the stations to assess impact of the designs on the resulting cost of dispensed hydrogen. The Appointee will also perform hazard, safety, and risk analysis on the designs to assess regulatory acceptance. It is critical that the Appointee work in a collaborative way with experts at Sandia as well as stakeholders in the private sector to ensure completeness, accuracy, applicability, and usefulness of the results.
While the results of this work are not focused on peer-reviewed journal publications and academic conference proceedings, it will have high visibility and immediate practical impact among private and public stakeholders focused on today’s hydrogen fuel cell vehicle roll-out. The Appointee will be expected to actively participate in industry stakeholder meetings and through this assignment will meet a wide range of organizations working in this rapidly growing field.
Qualifications We Require
- Recent Ph.D. in mechanical, chemical, systems, or nuclear engineering or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Proficient oral communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated through collaborative projects, public presentations, and/or teaching lectures.
- Clear and concise writing ability, demonstrated through papers, reports, and academic theses.
Qualifications We Desire
• Familiarity with hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and hydrogen fueling infrastructure issues. READ MORE