Close Date: 08/31/2017
Company: NICE America Research, Inc.
About NICE America Research:
NICE America Research, Inc. is a newly established R&D Center in Silicon Valley, and is a branch of the National Institute of Clean-and-Low-Carbon Energy (NICE) in Beijing, China. NICE is the corporate research arm of Shenhua Group which is an integrated energy company and a Global Fortune 500. We are building teams to develop cutting-edge sustainable and affordable technologies to improve energy efficiency, protect the environment, and mitigate climate change. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, skill, imagination, passion, and teamwork of people like you. Currently we have multiple openings for a Center of Excellence (COE) Leader, and chief / senior / entry-level scientists. Candidates at all levels are welcome to apply. We offer competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits. Relocation will be considered.
The Hydrogen Energy Focus Area aims to develop technologies for hydrogen production, hydrogen storage and transportation, hydrogen fuel cells and hydrogen driven vehicles. The successful candidate is expected to:
- Identify potential technologies and partners (industries, universities, and government labs) along the hydrogen energy supply chain, particularly in renewable hydrogen generation, large scale and long distance hydrogen storage and transport, and PEM fuel cell components and systems.
- Assess technology readiness and economic feasibility of such technologies from system engineering perspectives. Coordinate with and leverage NICE Beijing capabilities to validate and further develop promising technologies as appropriate.
- Find opportunities to scale up and implement identified technologies in China.
- Develop and manage evaluation, validation and demonstration projects with agreed timeline, scope and budget. Leadership responsibilities vary depending on the exact job position commensurate with qualifications.
- Advanced degree in Engineering (mechanical, chemical) or Science (chemistry, materials, physics). PhD preferred.
- 10+ years of direct experience in some or all of the following areas: hydrogen storage and transport, renewable hydrogen production, hydrogen energy standards, refueling station integration, PEM fuel cell components and systems, either in industry or with major research institutions.
- Direct experience with system level analysis using tools such as Aspen. Direct experience with techno-economic evaluations.
- Experience in external partnerships and alliances, including industry and government lab networking.
- 4+ years of experience in project management is required.
- An innovative and independent thinker. Demonstrated ability to quickly and creatively solve complex technical problems as reflected in publications, patents, commercial products and other research outcomes.
- Comfortable with networking, able to relate to people of different backgrounds, good with oral and written communication. Energetic and self-motivated. Willing to work with a flexible schedule in a fast-paced, start-up environment.